Dienstag, 6. September 2016

European Bachelor Kitchen


something about schnitzel
"Consumed Schnitzels in Vienna since January 1st:"

I'm a foodie. I love food, eating out, cooking, trying new things, doing the whole nutrition thing guerilla-style. This may be one reason why I'm always wondering what other people have in their fridges, especially in other countries. I mean, I know what Germans do, because their cuisine is very similar to traditional Austrian cuisine, except for the thing where we cook totally different meals out of the same ingredients and name them after each other's cities and all that.
I try to replicate dishes from other countries, but there is no way for me to know which of those are recipes a single household would cook regularly, or what the "great 10" are; I mean the ten most wide-spread dishes of a country (or county), because those are the dishes that actually give a feel for the "taste" of a people.
I tend to not believe master chefs, TV shows or online advisors, though. Have you ever watched those? The amount of fresh ingredients is staggering, and who the hell has Mascarpone just standing around to whip up with five different freshly chopped herbs after a nine-hour-day?
No. People don't eat like that as long as there are no children to feed or guests to impress. But what do you eat, then?
There must be other people out there, wondering too. I'll go first and try my best to describe Austrian singles cuisine, but not today, because this will take time. In the next few weeks, I will post my most common food items, the stuff I always keep in stock, and the ten dishes I cook most often and also like best.
I'll even add the recipes, for those of you brave enough to try post-war cuisine!

And here's the runner-up for next week, place 10 on my food scale...

... you guessed it. Schnitzel!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

It's not the end - New Website!

This is the last time I change URLs, I promise :D There are just things I missed on this blog, things I couldn't do but dearly wanted ...