Dienstag, 28. Juni 2016

Money for good deeds

To contribute something outside the box, I'll tell you something about why I just paid a small donation to a photographer, who wants to develop film rolls for 1.200 photographs from the 1950.

One: I love the mystery, and I really, reaaally want to know what's on them. Since I can't develop photographs, and since I don't have the time or the money, all I can do to contribute is a small donation and to spread the word.

Two: I'd love to see more depictions of ancient or medieval times. Especially texts or pictures made by the Celts would have made my day. But we don't have them, because they didn't write things down and only made very few paintings. I want to make sure that future generations get a chance to see what this-or-that time was really like.

Three: The most fascinating visit I ever had was one to a Victorian era museum, where they showed paintings, the first photographs, and a tour through a typical lower-class living quarters. They were able to do that because of photographs that depicted one single storey of a workers house, but couldn't do much more than that. I'd hate to sit by and watch as our grand-children are robbed of a learning experience that would be made possible by small things, like saving a bunch of film rolls.

If you'd like to see what this is all about, please visit this crowdfunding site on Indiegogo!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

It's not the end - New Website!

This is the last time I change URLs, I promise :D There are just things I missed on this blog, things I couldn't do but dearly wanted ...