Freitag, 20. Oktober 2017

Pretentious Blog - Tutorial: How to make your own fictional city using Google Maps

NaNoWriMo is coming! <Jon Snow Face>

I'm plotting and outlining like the madwoman I am, wooooo! I've always been a sucker for new ideas and ways to do things, so I've been using this opportunity to try out as much new stuff as possible. Since I've always wanted to finally find a way to add a certain realism to my settings, I had a look around for ways to plot a scene setting with real life maps. This is how I stumbled upon the following blog entry: It describes how to use Google Maps to create your own fictional setting/city/landscape and use real life maps to get the dimensions, distances, elevation, waterways, and so on, right.

I've been going wild on my own personal map ever since. Sorry Phoenix, Arizona, but you're mine now. :D

If you'd like to check out the tutorial yourself, just follow the link! Just be reminded that Google Maps has had some redesigns and you'll have to look a bit to find your custom map options.

Here's the Article:



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

It's not the end - New Website!

This is the last time I change URLs, I promise :D There are just things I missed on this blog, things I couldn't do but dearly wanted ...